#7: The Sin of Abortion
The fallout from the recent Supreme Court leak regarding the future, albeit soon over-ruling of Roe V. Wade continues to rage on like an inferno as America is forced to deal with the sin of abortion—what do we make of this? The left is still melting down and protesting out front of the homes of SCOTUS justices; pro-lifers are vaingloriously taking credit; but we abolitionists have much more to say.
- Louisiana House Bill 813 is at the center of controversy because for the first time in history, a bill of total abolition of abortion has made it out of committee. We’ll talk more about this.
- Plus, last week the White House hosted their Correspondents’ Dinner and per usual the jokes were out in force. One of them, however, wasn’t so funny.
- And finally, while this isn’t a national news headline, it is important: Abolish Abortion Virginia is hosting a conference here in Fauquier County, Northern Virginia. And you should come.
#6: The Problem of Free Speech
Free Speech: what is it and why is it free? With Elon Musk’s $44 Billion purchase of Twitter, the question of what constitutes free speech is now a national conversation. Or at the very least, it’s a national yelling match. But how does Scripture view the relationship between freedom and speech?
- The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas stated last week that DHS is creating a “Disinformation Governance Board” to combat misinformation head of the 2022 midterms. Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
- Plus, a new study from Great Britain discovered microplastic particles in the lung tissue of 11 out of 13 patients who were undergoing surgery. Are we ready to have a frank discussion about the dangers of prolonged mask-wearing, yet?
- And, a leaker at the U.S. Supreme Court has informed us that SCOTUS has the majority vote to overturn Roe V. Wade. Pro-lifers are exuberant, leftists like Senator Elizabeth Warren are losing their minds. We’ll discuss.
Tyrants Are Not Ministers of God (Interview with Robert E. Fugate)
Join us for a special episode with our host, Pastor Jason Garwood, as he interviews Dr. Robert Fugate regarding his book Tyrants Are Not Ministers of God: What the Bible Teaches about Civil Disobedience, Romans 13, and Quarantine.
#5: The Idols of Our Day
Idolatry — that treasonous rebellion that plagues unregenerate man and his culture-making efforts — is pernicious and ubiquitous. We’ll consider the doctrine of idolatry and take a look at the various idols plaguing us today, including the biggest one that continues to throw its ugly weight around.
- U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle stated in Tampa, Florida that the CDC has failed to adequately explain its reasons for the mandating of masks on public transportation and airplanes, and ruled against the mandate. The fallout has been interesting.
- The South China Morning Post reports that Shanghai’s most recent lockdown efforts is sucking the life out of everyone — but who could have possibly predicted that? We’ll discuss.
- Elon Musk, who has been the center of controversy lately with his attempted personal acquisition of Twitter, is back in the news for his comments related to Netflix and wokeness. We’ll take a look at what offensive thing he said this time.
Church, Repent! (Interview with Ron Kronz)
Join us for a special episode with our host, Pastor Jason Garwood, and his good friend and co-laborer here in Northern Virginia, Ron Kronz of Street Church.
Big Eva: The Errand Boys of Big Pharma
After two years of unprecedented and sweeping change in health policies, the Covid-19 pandemic has seemingly forever changed public policies regarding sickness and disease. The question we ask is this: Did the Church respond correctly? What could have been different? And what’s with Big Eva celebrity pastors and authors being the errand boys of Big Pharma?
Join us for a special episode with Jason and Jordan as they discuss covid, the Church’s response, and Big-Eva being co-opted by the NIH, CDC, and Big Pharma’s gatekeepers.
#4: Comprehensive Christianity
While the world continues to suffer under the weight of humanism, what should we as Christians be doing to posture ourselves in righteousness as we consider the future? Should we panic and hope for some vague prophecy to sweep us away? Or should we get busy with the task of Christendom? We’ll discuss.
- Children’s Health Defense says Pfizer and FDA dropped data bombshell on COVID vaccine consumers—but the world is too busy with Putin.
- Gas prices have reached an all-time high, but who is to be blamed for this?
- Idaho considers a bill which would make gender treatment of trans youth a felony.
Theonomy or Autonomy
With bills of abolition that seek to make abortion illegal being put forth in places like Oklahoma, Texas, North Carolina, and South Carolina, we’ll take a look at the issue of bodily autonomy: what are the arguments and what does God’s law have to say?
#3: Russian & Ukraine
Russia has invaded Ukraine, and Americans are debating what to do about it. Is there something that the mainstream media might be missing?
- President Biden has made his selection of our next Supreme Court Justice, Ketanji Brown Jackson—who is she, and how do we expect her to do as she replaces Justice Stephen Breyer?
- The Legacy Standard Bible, while not really a news headline per se, is my new favorite thing—I’ll explain why.
- I’m saddened to report that Dr. Gary North has gone to be with the Lord. I’ll share some thoughts about Dr. North and his ginormous contributions to biblical scholarship.
Theonomy or Autonomy
With Russia’s ongoing war with Ukraine, we’re going to take a look at biblical principles regarding war and whether or not the Bible has much to say about the topic.
There’s been quite a bit of chatter about “deconstruction” in Christian circles—we’re going to take a look at that particular issue.
- Bill Gates was recently in Munich, Germany talking about the Omicron variant, and what he said was, well, interesting…
- The Winter Olympics in Bejing, China is now over: Was it a flop? That’s what the media is saying…
- The CDC is withholding data from the public. Are you surprised?
Theonomy or Autonomy
Oh, Canada! What in the world is going on there? What can we learn from this, and what might it look like to petition government for redress of grievances?
Too often, discussions of Noah’s Ark turn either to trivial statistics and curiosities or else hopeless doom-and-gloom “end times” predictions. But the true story has so much more to tell us, and it is a hopeful story, not a frightening one.
To be sure, there is sin and judgment in the story, but that is not the star of the show. The real message is not about the storm, but how to weather the storm. The long view is about godly civilization and the path to it.
While Hollywood may spin and twist the story for its purposes, and Christian dooms-dayers do not much better, the true story of Noah too often remains untold. Until now.
In the following pages, Dr. Joel McDurmon will tell you the story of Noah as realistically as possible. And that’s where the gold is found: as you understand the background of what was going on, how and why it came about, and what occurred as a result, you will begin to see things are not much different with our own society today. The story of Noah becomes in many ways a mirror for our own time. In some places, you may not be able to tell if he is speaking of his time or ours. This is no accident. We hope for all to see the important parallels. We hope the truth shocks you in some ways, inspires you in others, and challenges you in yet more. For that is what Noah’s story shows us: how the faithful, through God, overcome all challenges the world can throw at them, and arrive in place for a better way of life.